Monday, March 12, 2012

My Champions

It was a weekend of bitter sweetness, a weekend of heartbreak, and a weekend of realizing I’m the luckiest woman in the world. I decided to put away all school work and concentrated on spending time with family. I’m going to warn you now; this is going to be a long post full of pictures!!

Our weekend started off like any other weekend with basketball games. However, this was championship games BOTH kids were playing in. Trevor and Mackenzie worked so hard this season and it paid off. I was so nervous for them. I remember how it felt when I went to the championship games when I was their age. My nerves and heart sure got a workout on Saturday.

First, was Mackenzie’s game and she played her heart out. She made the first basket of the game!! The Cougars came one point shy of winning the game. Mackenzie was heartbroken and was crying so hard after the game; in return, made me sad for her. We reassured her that we were proud of her and since this was her first year of playing, there will be plenty of more championships in her future. My sadness turned into nervousness when Trevor started his game. The players lived up to their team name “The Beasts”. They took no crap from anyone and won the game!! The first thing Trevor did after he got his medal was to run up into the stands and gave me a hug and said “This game was for Mackenzie”. Talk about melting someone’s heart.

I’m so proud of my husband, who coaches Trevor’s team and has helped with Mackenzie with hers. He spent hours with these kids teaching them the same passion he has for the game. Chris, Trevor, and Mackenzie I’m so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!

After the game, Chris and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary. Sunday, we spent the day with my family. Today, I'm worn out but my heart is full of love!

Here is my weekend rewind.













No comments:

Post a Comment