Wednesday, December 7, 2011

In memory of my brother

A couple days ago, my dad and I were watching my kids play. My dad turned to me and in a choked up voice said “Enjoy it while you can, these are times you will never get back”. I knew exactly what my dad was thinking and it was Jason. We lost my brother this time last year. Jason’s passing came to a complete shock to everyone. Within hours, our lives changed forever.

Jason was ten days shy of turning thirty, he was so young. However, during his short time here on earth, Jason made each moment count. Jason’s pride and joy was his son Ethan! Ethan was his everything. Besides, being a great father, Jason was an avid fisherman. He loved the outdoors. The other love in Jason’s life was music. As a young boy, Jason loved music. He played the guitar. Jason was going to teach me to play the guitar after Christmas of last year. Now, I’m teaching myself because no other teacher will do. He was an electrician by trade, and a damn good one! His laugh and smile could light up a room. Lucky for me, my son has Jason’s laugh; sometimes when Trevor laughs I start to cry because it’s like Jason is in the room.

Jason, I miss you more and more each day. I know I’ll see you on the other side one day. So right now, you are my shining star above.

Here is a short video of Jason throughout the years. The first song is one of Jason’s favorite and the second is mine.

I will be taking the next couple weeks off from blogging to spend this time with my family. I will still be answering emails and scheduling sessions for next year.

I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!


2 comments:

  1. I love the video you put together, he brought so much joy to so many! He would love it and be so very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete