Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hello 2012!!

Now that I’m settling into 2012, it’s time to back to work. The kids are back in school, I’m back at my full time job, and 2011 is just a memory. 2011 was a very trying year for me personally and professionally. A year ago, I was questioning what makes me happy, what do I want my life to be like twenty years down the road, and how am I going to make that happen. After making lists after lists only be thrown on the ground in disgust, I stepped away. I stepped away from the possibility of change. I was scared and I let that take over. But the feeling of wanting something more never went away. With the help and support of my family, I decided to meet my fear head on; the fear of failure, humiliation, and the fear of succeeding. That’s right, I was scared to succeed. Crazy I know!! I gave myself a year deadline to meet all these fears. I was willing because I wanted to be a photographer.

Well, that year is almost up in March. I’m still scared but I’m more determined. Thanks to my wonderful clients, I got a taste of what is feels like to be a photographer. Seeing and hearing their excitement when they see the memories I was able to create for them. That’s a feeling I want to experience more of. As I made my to do list for 2012 and becoming a better photographer is at the top of the list (besides being the best mother possible). My first task is to blog more. I know I’m not the world’s greatest writer, I have grammar issues but I love to write. Writing is a great stress reducer!!Plus, I need to network more. I joined OPS and have already met wonderful photographers across the US!!

So, here is to a new year of possibilities!! I can’t wait to see what 2012 has in store for my business!!

No comments:

Post a Comment